You must be aware of the recent hike in prices of Amazon Prime memberships right! It’s $139 a year. For some of us, it might be too much while some are cool about it. For those who aren’t cool about it and if you think that is too much to bite then we have given step-by-step guidelines which will be super helpful to you. Of course, Amazon is very popular shopping prices for almost everything. You mention anything from household items to electronics, everything is available. But, this seems to be blowing up day by day in almost everything again. Say it anything from ridiculous price hikes, ethical issues, or those embarrassing lack of content. It becomes a necessity for every one of us to at least cut off one thing because it becomes impossible to pay for everything. People might question their loyalty to the company in the light of the constant barrage of news stories alleging worker mistreatment as well as attempts to break unions. The prime membership and streaming services offered by Amazon have given many of us more than enough reason to distance ourselves from the company. But again, it is one of the biggest giants that has now adapted to the pandemic and scaled up so the prices for Amazon prime membership has also hiked a bit. the monthly fees of Amazon prime membership have hiked from $12.99 to $14.99. Annually they are charging right from $119 to $139. It may not seem like much of a price increase to those who are accustomed to a vast inventory and trailblazing delivery times offered by Amazon. But, if you are one of those who are not willing to pay any extra cash or even if you are one of those who do not shop frequently, you aren’t alone buddy. If we could just keep Amazon aside, then, there are so many other options that are better in many ways and also cost less plus they provide one-on-one services. Apart from this, we also assume that other than many ethical reasons. Maybe you are just upset about a reason that The expanse didn’t get picked for the second season or maybe you don’t want your kids to spend more time watching episodes of whatever show. We have guessed almost every possible reason for you to ditch Amazon Prime but still, whatever might be the reason, if you are willing to cut off Amazon Prime expenses, we’ve got you. Here is a step-by-step guide.
- How are you supposed to cancel your Amazon Prime membership account on Android or iOS?
- How to unsubscribe from the Amazon Prime membership account from the browser?
- Are you getting your refund after canceling your Amazon Prime membership account?
- Some important points to consider
- Do the services of Amazon Prime end immediately after you unsubscribe from the membership of the Prime account?
- Are your orders affected after you’ve canceled your Amazon Prime membership
How are you supposed to cancel your Amazon Prime membership account on Android or iOS?For an app, subscription providers usually allow users to stream on an app so that there will be more and more subscribers. Have you noticed that there is always less friction while using an app? Well, now you know the reason. Due to less friction, there are low cancelations. Again, you might also have noticed that you also have to go to the browser to unsubscribe from the membership right. Well, the reason is to lower the cancelations. Many people usually avoid going through the browser and then unsubscribe. Well, when it comes to unsubscribing the Amazon Prime membership, you cannot unsubscribe it from the Prime Video app but the Amazon shopping app. If you are planning to cancel your subscription to the Amazon shopping app, then follow the steps that are given below:
- At the bottom of the screen, there is a navigation bar. From that click on the profile icon. open the profile page.
- You will find the account settings section/option after you scroll down.
- Click on the manage prime membership
- You will be directed to the page of Prime membership. So, after that, to open to a drop-down menu, click on the manage Membership.
- After this, click on manage membership.
- You will be directed to the next page. Here, click on the End membership. It will open Prime benefits. On this page, you’ll see everything that you’ve used. All the benefits that have been used will be seen there and along with this, you will also see how many times you’ve used those. All the records for the past 12 months will be seen on that page.
- Again, on this page – Prime benefits page, click on the cancel My Benefits. You will be directed to the page that is the final cancelation page. Here you have to confirm your cancelation.
- When you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see options like End on XXX and End now.
- Tap End on X so that it will cancel your subscription when the current billing period is over. Choose this option if you are planning to use the Prime account until the subscription plan runs out.
- If you want to cancel the subscription immediately and want a refund, then click on End Now and cancel your subscription.
- After this step of selecting your option, a newly opened page will ask for your confirmation for the cancelation of the plan. After canceling your plan, you will no longer be a Prime member.
How to unsubscribe from the Amazon Prime membership account from the browser?If you are partial to navigating the web on a computer or just don’t use the Amazon Shopping app, you can still cancel your Prime membership from your desktop or a mobile phone from the account management page. Follow these guidelines to cancel your Amazon Prime membership account on Browser. the step-by-step guide is given below –
- On your desktop browser, open the Amazon prime and log into the account that you are willing to cancel the subscription.
- Next to the search bar, click on the button after you put your name in it.
- In the dropdown menu under your account, select account to access the Your Account Page. On this page, you’ll see the account summary.
- On the right side of the page, click on the Prime button. After this, you’ll be directed to the Prime Central page.
- There you’ll see the option – Update, Cancel, and more. Click on that option and later on, click on the option that says – End membership. This option will be seen in the dropdown menu. After this, You’ll be able to edit the Membership page.
- Click the Cancel My benefits button option that is available on the Edit Membership page. This option is available at the bottom of the page so scroll down until you see it.
- After this, you will be directed to the page where you have to click on the option – Continue to Cancel. Again, this option is available at the bottom of the page so keep scrolling until you find it.
- Again, to finalize your choice, you will be landed on the page where you will see the chance to keep, pause, or even cancel your subscription of membership of Amazon Prime.
- After finalizing, you will be directed to the page where you have to scroll down to the bottom of the page. Here, you have to click one button under the cancel your Prime membership box. Your subscription will be terminated on the specified date without a refund if you click End on X.
- When you click End Now, your membership is automatically canceled and a refund is issued.
- After your cancelation of the Amazon Prime membership account, you will be landed directly on the Prime Central page. Here, an option will pop up where you will be asked for a cancelation survey.